The looks of the car is more of a personal choice. I felt both the exterior and interior, not so attractive, but pleasant. More importantly, the ergonomics of the interiors are well sorted, to begin with. I would like to touch upon some points, which particularly impressed me with:
1. Safety features - Dual Airbags and ABS are standard. Auto Door Lock after 20 kmph, Seat-belt warning, Door Ajar, Headlamps on warning after engine switch off, etc., I have found in other cars as well. One feature, I have not noticed in other cars is, the driver / boot door alone can be unlocked. This is of much use, when u have picketers around.
2. Fuel efficiency - 16 and 30 kmpl are the extremes I have clocked. Once I did a round trip of 200 km (not on a four lane) and maintained speeds between 60 and 80 kmph and was able to get 30 kmph, with AC on and 2 people on board.
My regular trip to office (12 km up & down) gives me somewhere between 18 to 20 kmpl, with an average speed of 18 kmph. On highways with four lanes and speeds of about 90 kmph, it gives about 25 kmpl with 2 adults +2 children + luggage. The fuel efficiency reported by the instrumentation is reasonably accurate, unlike my earlier owned Fiat Punto which used to give over-rated economy. But, the handling of Punto is a class of its own.
3. Performance & handling - Its not upto swift or i20 or Creta. The engine and transmission appears been tuned for fuel efficiency. It gets livelier after turbo kicks in, but I did not find too much of turbo lag either. Punto has loads of it, but Punto's wonder is that it can be started from rest in 3rd gear over a speed breaker, and the top gear is useful from 35 to more than 140 kmph. I found S cross is somewhere between Punto and Micra (with the K9K diesel heart). The diesel Micra is a gem with no noticeable turbo lag. While Micra is great for city drive, I have had shaky experiences with its braking in spite of having ABS equipped kit. S cross is not expected to be a handler like Punto, but braking is pretty well.
Does it excite during acceleration - It does, after turbo kicks in. But the greater excitement I found is while using the Cruise Control. Once a speed is set and by using the "+" of +/-, I have several times experienced, the airplane take off experience.
5. It might not have same build as Punto or quality as Creta. But it scores overall with space (including thigh supports at front and back, and 2 inclination at back, split seats) , features - tilt and telescopic steering, lamps at foot well, boot, cabin center, etc, 4 1-lit bottle holders, and the list goes on.
Off all the vehicles I had - Alto, i10, Punto & Micra, S cross has given me a overall best car feel. Know it, get connected to it, respect it, it can return more than it received.
Wish readers a safe and enjoyable journey, in what ever car they travel.
- 31 Likes
- 2 Dislikes
Write your Comment on மாருதி எஸ்-கிராஸ் 2017-2020
மாருதி எஸ்எக்ஸ்4 எஸ் கிராஸ் பயனர் மதிப்புரைகள்
- ஆல் (297)
- Mileage (90)
- Performance (39)
- Looks (87)
- Comfort (122)
- Engine (68)
- Interior (42)
- Power (43)
- More ...
- எல்லா எஸ்எக்ஸ்4 எஸ் கிராஸ் மதிப்பீடுகள் ஐயும் காண்க
போக்கு மாருதி கார்கள்